In my former (pre-PD) life I was a foor doctor (podiatrist) so I do feel
qualified to comment on this topic.

My general advice is make sure you have a biomechanical problem before
embarking on a biomechanical solution i.e. foot orthotics.  The latter can
be very effective  for controling how the foot functions and is most
helpful for problems such as pain associated with "fallen arches" (pronated
feet), heel pain (plantar fasciitis) or insulating specific pressure points
from excessive weightbearing.  Swelling in the ankles or other areas of the
feet will not respond to orthotics.  In the absence of cardio-vascular
problems I would look to meds as a likely cause of this problem.

regards,

Tom