On Sun 12 Sep, J. R. Bruman wrote:
> judith richards wrote:
> > EFNS CONGRESS: Cabergline Improves Nocturnal Parkinson=92s Symptoms
>
> Just a reminder, for those who missed earlier postings: Cabergoline
> (Dostinex) got excellent reviews during its formal trials in PD subject=

Hello Joe, I do not have any comparative data for Cabergoline, But I
recall that when it was granted a certificate for Europe and most other
countries, It failed to gain clearance in the USA because it is commonly
used already - To 'dry up' lactating mothers who wish to cease breast
feeding. Apparently the medical authorities do not allow a single drug
to be approved for two such diverse subjects, so ; No Parkinson's
clearance, and if I am right, clearance  is not likely while mothers
continue to have babies!

By the way, was your comment about Mirapex being "less than the miracle drug
expected" meant to be sarcastic, or genuine. I am interested because
when it was launched, the manufacturers only made modest claims for its
performance, yet people flocked to it. I said at the time that naming the
drug Mirapex was a stroke of brilliant PR, because of the entirely
undeserved tendency of the name to suggest a miraculous result.
--
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>