Hello everyone,

I don't write very often, but I follow along everyday.  But now I have a
question.

When I first logged into this group I told the story about my
grandmother.  She has PD and is not very good at all.  This weekend I
got verification of that.  Her VON came in and did an assessment of her.
She said that she has never seen anyone as bad as my grandmother, EVER!
That's pretty scary.  What does that mean?  I wasn't there so I was not
able to ask questions.  She is still living at home and my grandfather
is her main caregiver but he's no spring chicken.  There is a 6 month to
1year wait for a nursing home in her area.  We don't see the point
really, as she may not last that long (my grandmother is 81).  There is
the chance in an emergency that she could get into a nursing home
immediately but that could be anywhere and the family couldn't deal with
her being far away.  We also don't want her to go to a nursing home
because we think she won't last long once she goes there.  My
grandfather takes such loving care of her at home.

I guess my question is, what happens now?  If she's the worst there has
ever been, what should I expect?

Thanks for any help you can give....

Sarah Doubt

"...a rose by any other word would smell as sweet..."
                                         William Shakespeare