If cats performed "Cats"

"Cats" is the longest-running show on Broadway to
 date. The show romanticizes  and shrouds in
 mystery the lives and habits of America's most
popular pet. Yet, even with the lively dancing and
popular songs,   "Cats"doesn't seem  to capture
the true-to-life behavior of our feline companions.
Below is a list of what "Cats" would have to do to
more accurately portray the true essence  of cats.

Audience members would enter the auditorium
only to find their seats  had been clawed and
covered with fur.

The antagonist in the show would be a giant
vacuum cleaner.

Sometimes the cast would perform, but
sometimes not - depending on their
mood.

Performers would leap off the stage and run
up the aisles at the recorded sound of a can
opener in the lobby.

When certain audience members opened their
playbills, a cast member would attempt to lay down
on it.

In the middle of a performance various cast members
would curl up and go to  sleep, even in the middle
of a song.

For no apparent reason, cast members would randomly
run to the lobby, and then back to the stage at top
speed. They would then continue as if nothing
had happened.

A special audience member would find a headless
bird in his/her seat after  the intermission.

Snack bar employees would constantly be reprimanding
cast members for walking on the counter.

Open the stall door and guess who is drinking from the
toilet?

Part of the performance would include the cast  climbing
and shredding the  theater curtains.

The stage would be stained from someone coughing up
a hairball and then eating it.

Performers would find sand in the lobby ashtrays
and - well, we don't have  to draw a picture here, do we?

The show would need to be stopped several times to
allow cast members to "bathe" themselves.

Most of the final act would consist of the cast just staring
at the audience.

The big finale would feature a giant ball of yarn, feathers
on a pol and stray strands of dental floss.

Theater patrons waiting outside the stage door
after performances would get  their legs rubbed,
if they were lucky.

Cast members would never cash their paychecks,
just play with them.