On Mon 13 Sep, janet paterson wrote:
> Pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic features of cabergoline.
> Rationale for use in Parkinson's disease.
>
> The appearance of late motor complications is the major drawback of long
> term levodopa therapy in patients with Parkinson's disease.

I have been deriving a lot of amusement from the renewed interest in
Cabergoline. It is a drug caught in a time-warp:  If you go back through
the records, you will begin to see a pattern. First there is the
manufacturer's formal announcement of his latest wonder-drug. Then there
are a number of studies published which tend to re-inforce the claims for
the drug.
   Then there is an uneasy silence, maybe a year or two, where you begin
to wonder if things are OK, followed by a slow or fast  rise in the
number of side-effects or similar results.
   In the case of Cabergoline, we know that the drug never went any further.
, so that we have the  initial reports, and that is it. So no wonder it looks
so good - they all do at this stage.

My advice to those reading the reports on Cabergoline : Try not to
get carried away  on a cloud of euphoria.  It may produce the goods, and
then again, it may not.

 Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>