Ervin wrote---
>I asked if they should be taken at meals or on empty stomach and they said "it
>didn't make a difference."
SNIPPED
 Any comments would be appreciated by anyone
>experienced with Sinement.

Hi Ervin--I'm not Brian, but I do know that it can/does make a difference
when you take the regular Sinemet (not CR).  Because dopamine and protein
compete, and because Sinemet needs to get out of the stomach into the small
intestine to be absorbed, you should take it  a half hour before or an hour
or hour and a half after eating, ideally, to get the best effect from the
meds.
 As you are newly diagnosed, the protein competition is not so important,
but you should be aware of it later.
 With the CR form, as it dissolves slowly over time,  it's not so
important.   If SInemet causes nausea at first, try taking it with a few
crackers....that should go away after a while, and not everyone gets
nauseated.

The National Parkinson Foundation has  a  free booklet , Nutrition Matters,
one of their excellent series--you can get a copy of any or all of them by
calling 1-800-327-4545.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "