Chris Van Der Linden wrote:

> > Pallidotomy is no longer considered "experimental".
>
> Correct. However, it's one step further. It has become obsolete, since
> subthalamic stimulation is not experimental either, much safer and far
> better results especially long-term.  In addition, and probably most
> important, STN is reversible.
>
> Chris van der Linden, M.D.
> St. Luke's Hospital
> Gent
> Belgium

Interesting.  Where are the pallidotomy advocates these days?  Don
Berns, are you still on the List?  What is Dr. Iacono doing these days?
 I do know that he is no longer at Loma Linda as a full-time academic.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"