To Barb,Marge, et all, I had plantar fasciitis, and after a few "shots" in my
feet, and one treatment where they were wrapped with tape and then I got the
shot, I finally got custom fitted orthotics, which are small inserts that fit
in almost any shoe. They cured my PF in a few weeks, I did not believe it! I
am able to walk all day and have no pain in my feet anymore.  My orthotics
were made using a computer program which converted the pressure of my feet on
a mat into a diagram on the computer monitor which was sent to the company
that makes the orthotics. Mine were covered by insurance after correcting
their code which confused "orthopedic shoes" with "orthotics" I believe they
cost between $300-450. Some are made with with impressions rather than the
computer program. Mine were made by a podiatrist, who helped me after an
orthopedist just kept giving me shots, and excersizes which helped just a
little. I used to dread stepping out of bed in the morning, until my feet
started feeling slightly better.
Ken B