Hello Joan --

I can probably reach you the quickest this way.  It is midnight Wednesday.
Ted is not doing well at the moment.  Has been sick for a week with fever
and flu symptoms and developed a rash on his forehead that was diagnosed as
shingles this morning.  This afternoon he had an episode where he took and
nap and then I heard him coughing.  When I went in his eyes were open but he
was totally unresponsive to me.  I called 911 and they took him to the
hospital.  Tonight they said the results of his CT scan showed some swelling
of a part of his brain.  They say is could be associated with the shingles
virus or could be something else.  He is now in ICU and scheduled for an MRI
in the morning.  He could use prayer.  I don't want to offend anyone else on
this list -- but you know what to do.

Thanks!

Carole