I just wanted to thank all of you who are praying and who sent a message to
the list for us.  Ted was somewhat better this morning although he is still
spiking a fever.  His neurologist has been wonderful (finally).  When we
returned from Peoria, I felt like he was not responsive -- but I guess he
has seen that we are NOT hypochondriacs after all and that the Peoria
incident wasn't "something he ate."  He ordered some further tests and is
consulting with another doctor (neurosurgeon).  We don't have test results
as yet.  They attempted to do a spinal tap last night in the ER but couldn't
get it and finally gave up after what seemed like an eternity.  Our
neurologist came in early this morning and did the LP successfully right
away.  He spent quite a bit of time with Ted this morning and was great.
Ted should be going in for an MRI in about five minutes.  Also, I don't know
if the paramedics dislocated his shoulder or it is just a bad muscle pull or
what, but he has had severe pain in his right shoulder since they worked on
him yesterday.

Our neuro says Ted will be in the hospital for probably at least a week
especially if this is some kind of infection.  I am heading back to the
hospital.  We should know more by tonight or tomorrow morning.  I'll keep
you posted.  Ted's night nurse was wonderful.  They are a little slow with
the meds but I explained to her that he needs to take the Sinement every 2-3
hours when he is awake and she seemed to understand.  However, he says they
haven't given him anything without him reminding them.  So we keep reminding
them.  Well, I'm off.  More later.
Thanks for all your concern.

Carole & Ted