No tumor.  The doctor removed the puss from the abscess.  Thank you once
again everybody.  Your support has made such a difference.  Ted came through
the surgery in a shorter time (4 hours) and with flying colors.  Thank God.
He came out of the anesthesia quickly and was talkative and moving
everything.  Except for the Parkinson's (understatement) he has been in good
health and has never had any surgeries.  We definitely recommend starting
with something besides brain surgery for your first.  (LOL)  Monday they
will insert a permanent line under his collar bone as he will be on
antibiotics (3) for three months.  He will have another MRI today and
periodically to monitor his progress.  I'm headed back to ICU in a few
minutes.  He has had breakfast and is waiting for me to arrive.  The nurse
and I laughed and said, "Gee, just a little sleep will do."    :-)

Of course, he isn't out of the woods just yet.  But it looks hopeful.  We'll
report in later.

Carole and Ted (looking rather like he has been run over by a Mack truck)