Hi --

I'm saving all your messages so Ted can read them when he comes home.
Neurosurgeon says next Thursday -- maybe and hopefully.  He will get the
line under his clavicle Monday and be on antibiotic therapy for three
months.  The doctor changed the dressing and removed the drain today and
said everything looks good.  Also removed the Foley catheter and told Ted he
could get up and walk to the bathroom, sit in a chair, move around a bit,
etc.  His head no longer hurts to touch it.  He probably doesn't have
shingles after all.  Rather some sort of very nasty infection.  They will do
a CT scan this afternoon to look at the brain again and also to look at the
sinuses to see if they can figure out how the organism got there in the
first place.  They think maybe from the mastoid sinus on the right side.
Ted is complaining about having more tests done -- so he must be feeling
better.  :-)  Also an orthopedic surgeon will examine his right arm today.
After the paramedics put him on the gurney he started to complain of pain in
his right arm and can't move it a lot w/o pain -- such as trying to put food
into his mouth.  This, of course, is a major problem!!!  LOL!  However he
managed to scarf down lunch as a lefty.

Unfortunately they hadn't given him his Sinemet and Mirapex again when I got
there this morning.  Supposedly no orders from his neuro??  I guess they
"disappeared" when he moved from intermediate care to ICU in the same
hospital???  Somewhat scary.

So our saga continues ... thanks for listening.  I guess this qualifies Ted
as sort of an "honorary" member of the Hole in the Head Gang???  :-)
Different surgery -- but he definitely got a hole in the head!!!

Carole and Ted   :-o