Well, I'm off to the hospital in a few minutes.  It has been so great to
read all of your responses on the list.  Ken, we had a sneaking suspicion
that's what happened since the brain can only focus on one pain center at a
time.  Clever cost-cutting measure which brings in additional revenue at the
same time!    :-)

Yes, Hilary, it is so good of you to ask your rabbi and congregation to
pray.  We have been to Eretz Yisrael twice (1993 and 1995, arriving the day
of Yitzak Rabin's funeral) and we LOVE the land and love it over there in
the Middle East.  We met so many terrific people of all nationalities.  It
breaks our hearts when we hear about the continued troubles there among any
of the peoples.  We were at the site of one of the bombings in Tel Aviv just
prior to it.  I remember buying something from a vendor just about right on
the very spot and wondered if he was okay.

I don't have any new news right now (thank goodness).  Just a continued
"Thank you" and a big hug to all of you.  Sometimes I think one of the worst
things about a disease like Parkinson's is that people are forced to retire
or leave their professions and often feel like they "can't do anything" any
more or are less than valuable to society.  But there is such a huge need
for all the support and information and words of wisdom and love -- and, of
course, the humor -- that people like the ones on this list have to offer.
You all are the greatest!  Hang in there and keep the faith that soon there
will be a cure.  :-)

SHALOM from Carole and Timex Ted (takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin')
:-o