Dear Janet, I'm so sorry not to have responded to your message. I've only
just found it while searching through the list of E-mails for something
else.

> what dosage sinemet are you on?
> what is your daily total med intake?
> are you taking any pd meds other than sinemet?

The doseage sinemet I am on - Sin CR (50mg carbidopa + 200mg levadopa ). I
have 4 of these per day, I also have 2 Sinemet (carrbidopa 25 + levidopa
100).
these I take to bridge the gaps when the Sinemet CR  runs out.
So my day starts at 7.15am. when I take 2 Sin CR. At about 11.30 I take just
halfa of  a Sinemet  and at 12.00 I take one Sinemet CR.  This sees me
through until   I 4.00pm when I take the other half of  the sinemet tablet.
At 5.00 I take the fourth Sinemet CR tablet and about 9 .00 pm. I take the
second Sinemet tablet.
I don't have any other medication for my parkinsons.
I  do have medication for high blood pressure - Atenolol 50 mg - one tablet
per day - which I have been treated for since I was about 45 yrs old.

> if you get 'mushy brain' symptoms when you forget to take a pilld
> or have too much protein, you can bet your booties
> that the 'horrid feelings' are a symptom
> of the dopamine shortage in your brain
>
> i don't think it can correctly be labelled 'addiction'
> are diabetics 'addicted' to insulin?
>
> the simplest way to know if you are taking too much levodopa
> is if you develop dyskinesia - uncontrolled movement or 'twitchiness'
>
> if you haven't seen that particular med side effect
> then you are still in the 'honeymoon' stage with sinemet
> so enjoy!

I  have noticed that since I have been put on the Sin.CR tablets  I have
been  quite twitchy at times . during the afternoon in particular. But if I
do not have the med. about mid-day then I develop tremor, "mushy brain" etc.
It all seems to be finely balanced and difficult to get just right.

Perhaps I should explain that my younger son Richard - who has set me up
with his second-best computer and a modem - visits me at the week-ends and
is teaching me how to use it.  Usually I wait for his visit to sort out any
difficulties I get into.

Message for Chris Campbell.
Hi!  Thanks for the tip about sorting the mail by subject. It was very
helpful.  Apologies to you, too, for not replying earlier.

Mary.