Tom , I have rest tremor in my right hand .

If I am having it and look at my hand making me conscious of it then the rest
tremor do stop
So the action that may stop the tremor is being conscious of it and closing the
eyes to check it implies in being conscious already of its action .

Cheers , and success in yours valuable researches .

--
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+