Barb,

Plantar faciaitis (I'm not sure how to spell it either) is a likely
cause of your problem.  It is remedied
by a shoe insert and exercises.  Tom Riess just wrote about it and he
before getting into kinesthetics was a Podiatrist.  Check the archives
re a post from him.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.