At 13:26 1999/09/20 -0500, you wrote:
>All right. In that case, imagine me as an elderly JFK, Jr!
>
>Didn't know you were formerly red headed. Now everything falls into place.
>
>One of my fondest memories is a redheaded girlfriend I had in High
>School. I always knew when I was in trouble when
>her hands would go to her hips and she would stomp her foot (I
>started running for cover!). Although she never threw
>anything at me, she could totally turn me into a cowering whimpering
>pup. Many, many years later our family was home
>for the Christmas holidays and Dad or Mom mentioned that Sue (whom I
>had not seen since HS) had undergone surgery
>for breast cancer a couple of years prior. Wanda insisted I go alone
>to visit her since to her she was a total stranger and
>it would be more comfortable for us without a spouse around (how's
>that for a mature, understanding and
>secure relationship?). This I did after calling up and making sure
>it was OK (her husband was away on a business trip).
>We sat there in her living room and talked about old times and
>reminisced about fellow classmates for several hours
>and laughed ourselves totally silly to the point of tears down our
>cheeks. I will say she had mellowed over the years.
>I'm happy to report that she eventually beat the disease, maybe my
>visit and the laughter contributed towards that, at least
>I like to think so.

What a great story!

The hands-on-hips-foot-stomping image doesn't fit me. However, it does
remind me of women named Madge in Gary Larson cartoons.

I don't think I have ever turned anyone into a 'cowering whimpering pup'!!

No one in my mother's family [England, Ireland] had red hair. Same in my
father's family [Scotland] except for one aunt, Jesse, who told me that she
had been told when she was a wee lass that her red hair and her 'artistic'
bent were caused by being 'touched by the fairies'. She figured that's
where my red hair and my decision [at eight years old] to become an
interior designer came from.

janet

ps
Wanda sounds pretty cool

pps
'elderly JFK Jr'??

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>