SNIPPED

Hilary wrote in part:

>Anyway it was decided to agree to the plan - that Jane Amy goes into an
>independent living program, and that Jessi is at home on trial or 6 months,
>but his time my lawyer got up and told the judge how unhappy i was with their
>total misunderstanding of my situation, citing my "ongoing struggle with PD'.
>The judge - it has been the same one at all these hearings - looked at me as
>if he saw me for the first time.  Then he turned to my lawyer and said "My
>father has Parkinson's. It is a terrible disease"
>
>Hilary Blue

Hilary --this sounds like a real breakthrough-- but how could the judge not
have known before that you were "struggling with PD "????     Amazing---and
did the social workers act any differently after that?
I recall that you showed one of Ivan's videos (right? ) to somebody who
learned a lot from it---could this be done with the others involved?  That
they thought you were "putting on" or using PD as an excuse, is
wierd--unless they have never seen you when you are "off".  It sounds to me
like real lack of comprehension of the roller-coaster nature of PD, and the
differences among PWPs, too. ( Then I realize that even nurses who have
cared for a few PWPs may not understand the way others who have a differenr
"version" are affected, and can understand how the workers' ignorance may
come about.  )
Good for your attorney for speaking up---should have happened sooner !
What support system will you and the kids have in place while Jessi is "on
trial"?     Anyhow, glad things worked out this time, and hope you get a
chance to rest a bit now.  You know, maybe it was good that you had to put
forth that last ounce of energy, so the judge could see you really were
affected,not pretending? Like the advice you got about the Soc.Sec. doctor
visit?

        Camilla Flintermann                     <[log in to unmask]>

                          "Our lives begin to end
                          the day we become silent
                          about things that matter..
                           ...Martin Luther King,Jr.