Sarah-- you've had some good advice--another idea might be photo albums
that would stimulate her memory of the long-ago times which may be closer
to recall than yesterday.  At least it's worth a try...see how she reacts.
ANd I recall when Peter's mother was in a NH and mildly demented she loved
a cuddly doll that someone brought her, kept it by her,  named it, etc. and
seemed to find it comforting.
Many NHs these days have resident pets, or allow pets to visit, because it
is so therapeutic for the patients--there's a well known program called
"The Eden Alternative" in place in many NHs around the country--you might
discuss this type of therapy with the social worker at the NH--they must
have one--and see if you could bring a pet to visit your grandmother IF you
know  she would enjoy that.   As was said, the greatest gift can be your
own *presence*. not your *presents*.  Your loving attention to her is a
true blessing, and don't forget grandpa will need some too, as he mourns
her absence . Try to help him NOT to  feel guilty for the placement.....it
sounds as if it really best for her.

>I want to bring her a gift something that she can still enjoy but I have
>no idea what.  Her PD is quite severe and there's nothing much that she
>can do anymore.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what I can
>bring to her?
>
>Sarah

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

                              "In all beginnings, endings lie enfolded,
                                     implicit and invisible as roots."

                                   from: "Leaving the Garden"--CHF