Cindy
From: Arthur Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>

...and, Joao Paulo, with these infertility treatments, it is LEGAL to
create life  in vitro where life would not have existed before, LEGAL to
sustain life for only one of some number of embryos which might be
produced, LEGAL to discard the remaining embryos.

These infertility treatments are a LIFE-GIVING medical advance.  Why stop
there?  The embryos which would  otherwise be discarded can be life giving
too - not just to one person but potentially to many.  If infertility
treatments that can produce an excess of live embryos can be legal and
morally justified - (and most people would agree that they can) - then a
fortiori the use of these excess embryos to save lives should be not only
legal but morally mandated.

Art