Dear Don--sorry not to have answered sooner. I had to look up the info we
got in 1995.  At that time the NPF in Florida was referring people to
Harvard Medical School's McLean Hospital.  The number there where you can
call for info is   1-800-BRAIN BANK .  They can send you complete info--and
NO big expense  was involved.  There CAN be problems in having procedures
carried out promptly and properly  on the local level, and Donna Dorros
wrote about problems she had in donating Sid's brain for research.  As you
are fairly close to the Madden Center at OSU, you could check there--they
planned to have a brain donation plan, but as of late 1997 it was not yet
in place. You could check with them, too.  I think NPF in Florida may now
have their own program---but be aware there can be delays and mistakes
which can undermine the whole effort.  Look in the list archives under
brain donation (or Donna Dorros) in May 1998 for her account.  Hope this
helps.