Well, I try and watch some light-hearted television in the morning
before I turn on the news (not always very uplifting).  My favourite is
the superstation.  They play tons of old re-runs.  So at 6:30 in the
morning for the last couple of weeks, I've been watching old episodes of
FAMILY TIES.

This morning was not as uplifting as I had hoped for.  The episode if
some of you may recall from the 80's was the once where Denise Keaton's
aunt discovers that she has Alzheimer's.  It was quite upsetting to me
to watch it.

I'm glad about the tears though.  Fresh out of the shower, ready to
start the day, and huge tears pouring out of my eyes and streaming down
my face.  But I needed it.  I haven't dealt with any of my grandmother's
condition in this way before.  I've been keeping a stiff upper lip.  But
I do feel better now.  Sometimes tears are very healing.  I have cried
like that in a while.  No sobbing or hysterics, just real tears.  It was
quite a release.

I hope that I haven't upset anyone.  I just needed to let all of this
out.  I couldn't let my mother see me crying or else she would've lost
it.  I can't discuss it at work because that's not the time and the
place and my friends are all far away right now.  So I'm glad that I
could turn to this group.

Once again, thank you for listening (well, reading).  Sometimes it's
just nice to know that there's someone on the other end who
understands....

Sarah