hi cyber-dad-don!

At 08:21 1999/09/17 -0700, you wrote, in part:
>Subject: Fw: Internet Costs > Important!....

sorry, dad, but this is another internet hoax

the only thing new here
is that the telephone hoax and the postal service hoax
have been merged into one super-hoax

the clues as to hoax-ness are:

these hoax/urban legends are inventions of puerile little minds
who start them to see how fast and how far they can travel
iow
[in other words]
how many net-newbies they can dupe
regardless of the waste of human and internet time and resources

it's too bad that we have to becomes suspicious about our e-mail
but i guess that's the downside to this miraculous medium

remember
just because it's written in ascii doesn't mean it's not from an ass!

if you want to know more about these hoaxes
go to your favourite internet search engine
[mine is <http://www.google.com/>]
and type in "internet hoax urban legend"
and be prepared for some good examples of brain-wasting

and, dad,
you did nothing "wrong" by sending this in

the dweebs who write these things are clever despite their dweebness
and besides, we have lots of new listmembers
who you will have helped learn something today

love

sis

[cyber-dad-don's adopted-cyber-daughter]

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>