Hi Sherry,

I'm 41, been diagnosed in January 1999, and have been using Mirapex since
late August (I was an am still using Amantadine & Sinemet -- both to be
phased out).  My problems are similar to yours, affecting only one side
(right hand side) at this time.  I have had problems with nausea, but this
was more prevalent at the beginning or with a dosage change.  My
neurologist, Dr. Grimes, had me progress through the dosage levels 1/2
tablets through 3 tablets x 3times/day.  For the first while, I felt a fair
bit of nausea.  Lately, I've been Ok except that at every change in dosage I
feel nausea for a few days and then I am Ok.  I found that I must wait about
half an hour after eating before taking the medication, and this seems to
help.  The Mirapex started to help after 3x3 per day and I feel much better
now (my arm swings on its own and I can even brush my teeth with my right
hand).  So hopefully your mobility will improve and your problems with
nausea will cease as well.

beneficial quality in that it appears to decrease the progress of the
disease as well as enable us to move.  He told me that it would be very
unlikely to be incapacitated within the next 5 years. Other than that he
doesn't know.  I wish I could tell you more.

One question I have for you is regarding cost.  It costs about $1.00 CAD
($0.67 US) per pill, so at 9/day it is quite expensive.  How much is Mirapex
in your area?

Gilles Cloutier