The recent discussion about the half life of L-dopa brings to
mind the following:
     I take generic sinemet (25/100) 30 minutes before I eat.
     After 30 minutes I can tell that the med is working and I
     am "on."  I eat after 30 minutes and yet I continue my
     on period for 2  1/2 hours.  Does the L-dopa get dumped
     into the brain all at once and remain there to be "used up"
     during the next 2 1/2 hours or does it gradually enter the
     brain as it circulates in the bloodstream?   If it remainsin
     the bloodstream why doesn't the food protein interfer with
     it's absorbtion?

     If I take the sinemet within an hour AFTER eating it NEVER
seems to work and I remain in an "off" state until about
     4-5 hours after eating and then when I take the medicine
     it will work within 30 minutes.