Bonnie,
The show "Frontiers of Medicine" is a creation of Medtronics, and from time
to time has Parkinson content - as one might expect.

Their web site,

http://www.frontiersofmedicine.com/

has the scripts of most, if not all, of the programs, but it is difficult
to navigate - for me at least.  The web site lists the stations that carry
the show (link  to "Calendar,") but it is difficult to interpret - again,
for me at least.

I would fault Medtronics not for the show, which is excellent, but for the
fact that it is so poorly publicized to us, Medtronics' customers and
potential customers..  I would urge everybody on the list to find out when
it is shown in their areas and watch when they can.

By the way, I have no financial interest in Medtronics, no Medtronics
instrument in my body, and no immediate intention to acquire such.  But
even were I a Medtronics employee, which I am not, it would be appropriate
for me to call attention to this series of show to the listmembers.

Sorry, I don't know if it is available outside the United States.

Art

At 11:52 AM 9/19/99 , you wrote:
>All,
>Just thought I'd mention this....
>While flipping channels on the TV, I stopped at a PBS station (SCETV - SC Edu
>tv) as it was showing "Frontiers of Medicine". I stay-tuned when they said
>the next segment coming up was about PD. The whole segment was about pig cell
>transplant. Several doctors were interviewed & one patient that had the
>surgery (& his wife) was also interviewed.
>
>Bonnie

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   PAN Forum, other photos, and my approach to links:
         http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/