Many years ago, I was appointed to a Federal Position, that had a high
Trust factor from and by the community. Our Chief told us what public
places we could be seen at and which we, if seen, would embarrass the
Department. He went on to say, that when we entered Federal Employment we
had the extra responsibility of being very sensitive to how others might
see us in what we did and how we conducted ourselves.

That sense of social sensitivity was also part of the Professional standard
of my Profession, and still is. I feel a lot of admiration of Ms. Reno, and
indeed I feel she is very courageous and independent. Unfortunately she now
has a disease that is public, and is being kept public by many others for
many different motives. Fortunately she is in the early stages of
Parkinson's, and can function well. and, I suspect that wish for permanence
at that stage is with all of us. That is not the case and I would have felt
better had she acknowledge that her position was one that was controllable,
but that was not the case for those in later stages .

I would have hoped for more from her, and would have hoped that she would
be aware of the many folks that are fighting for a cure for a horrible
disease not just an inconvience. I think my old Chief would have had
something to say about this.