Regarding an earlier post of mine of the subject, I received this off-list
reply (edited slightly)

<<You are the first person to make any sense out of the whole thing, but it
never struck me before
1. of course she doesn't want to compromise her job.
2  what a wonderful way for her to spend the rest of her life - after 1/20/00 -
    as an advocate for PD!!>>

...and how do we get this message to her?  E-mail - may not work.  Faxes -
probably not.  Letter writing - do you really think she'll read and reply
to what we hope would be hundreds of letters?

But now suppose that many of us made a contribution to a Parkinson
foundation or a Parkinson cause - whichever one(s) you choose - "in honor
of Janet Reno's performance as U. S. Attorney General." - and each time a
contribution is sent in her name, we'd expect, she'll get a card.  Don't
you think that this might get her to sit up and notice.

Chances are that many of us are going to give contributions to these
foundations anyway, so just make the contribution in her honor.  Thus your
donation will have the good effect that you had originally intended - and
it will also reinforce the message to the Honorable Ms. Reno that there is
a Parkinson community out there working to cure the disease that needs her
assistance - and is helping her in turn.

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   PAN Forum, other photos, and my approach to links:
         http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/