well, since i was the one that started the whole "ribbon" line of discussion
- i have a comment after reading all the postings -

firstly, thanks to those who pointed me towards a location to find graphics
to use in documents -

secondly - part of my concern is that we're finding out that various
areas/individuals/causes/groups, etc., may have some sort of ribbon - but i
find it so hard to believe that something so prolific as Parkinson's Disease
does NOT have a mainstream ribbon or item of recognition -

if you log on to the one site that (forgive me i don't recall who) i was
directed to - you will be amazed to find what is there -

not only is Parkinson's Disease NOT listed but neither are neurological
disorders - maybe MS, i can't recall at this moment -

does anyone know the "whys and wherefores" of this?

I'M VERY ANXIOUS TO WEAR A PIN THAT IS SELF EXPLANATORY LIKE THE RED OR PINK
RIBBON - any ideas?

NOTE #1:  our group - Parkinson's Resource Organization (PRO) wears and
promotes a silver ribbon (metalic, jewlery - silver plated something or
other! on a tie-tack) and contribute $5 for each pin -

NOTE #2:  the ribbon site is http://www.gargaro.com/ribbons.html