Dear Listmembers and others with PD or similar brain disease

Johns Hopkins University/Hospital needs PD brains for research and study.
Johns Hopkins is a recipient of some of the Udall funding, and that will be
paying the expense for brain retrieval.

The cost to the donor or heirs of the donor will be ZERO. Some pre-planning
is needed.  The donor has the choice of donating the entire body or brain
only. With the brain only, there is no visible damage to the donor which
might interfere with an open casket funeral service.

Brain removal will be done at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore at no expense to
the family if death is within two hours or so from Baltimore.  When death
occurs more than two hours from Baltimore, Johns Hopkins will arrange for
the removal at some medical facility in that area, all at Johns Hopkins
expense.

I have agreed to make this donation myself, but hope that actual donation
will take place in the near future. The decision to donate body parts at
death must be pre-planned by the donor and family.

For more information and forms, contact me and I will put you in contact
with the proper people  at Hopkins.

Will Johnnston
A.P.D.A. DelMarVA Chapter Pres.
4049 Oakland School Road