Sherry: I was diagnosed last January and had exactly the same symptoms as
yours along with the same worries because of lack of knowledge. My neuro
started me on Sinemet CR instead of Mirapex and I acutely suggested a reduced
dosage after a while because it was making me sleepy. Otherwise it is very
effective. The tremors have basically been brought under control except for
late at night, and they are infrequent and weak even then, and the cramping
has eased up considerably especially when I write. I occasionally right click
with my mouse unintentionally but I can live with that for sure. My neuro
also suggested a number of vitamins {C, E, Beta Carotene and Stress Tabs} to
which I have added the antioxidant Selenium and Coenzyme Q10. Oh yes, I also
have a prescription for Selegiline which I take twice a day. Controlling
protein intake and its timing is important and there are different theories
around. I have my own which I am running out of room to put in this message.
There are far more experienced and knowledgeable people than I who will
answer your questions anyway. If I don't see a decent protein answer (by my
lights), I'll send another message to the list. STAY WITH THE LIST. It is a
terrific source for both knowledge and comfort and I daresay that within a
few months you will be far more comfortable with your outlook and your fund
of knowledge.

Paul H. Lauer