It seems from the list letters I read that there is no real consensus about
which meds to take. Some start on Sinemet, some on Mirapex, Some on Permax,
some on requip, all with and without Selegiline. Then the game of switching
from one to the other begins along with the associated concerns about the
consequences about switching too early/too late or titrating off or switching
cold and I don't know how many other drugs and permutations are involved
because I'm too new. Is there no school solution? Is it that the neuros are
not privy to it whatever it is? Or is it that people's reactions to the
various drugs are so variable that no global solution has surfaced or been
accepted into the literature. My Neuro started me on Sinemet/Selegiline and
when I asked him why not any of the others, he said that Sinemet was best and
he had stopped prescribing any of the others.

Paul H. Lauer   (PS Carole - I'm in Norwalk and we were pretty lucky with the
storm)