ON Sept  17 Murph adamantly wrote:

>I am very sad, however, that so many on this list seem to believe that
>morality is relative and that, as Joan Carol Urquhart states: "Anyone
>with a heart would agree that to alleviate human suffering, at any moral
>sacrifice, is good and right."  Joan, you have just justified Columbine
>-- after all, those young men were suffering and they chose the killing
>of their classmates and themselves to alleviate their suffering.

How could any single human being  justify murder?...If you re-read my words,
you will note that I say that "to alleviate human suffering at any MORAL
sacrifice is good and right."  When I say a  'moral sacrifice'... I do not
mean to suggest that one should sacrifice one's morals.  Instead I mean that
if we can help someone  through moral means or   if,  through moral means,
we can help to alleviate another's  suffering, lets not waste time, lets do
it.  If medical science can craft a cure for Parkinson's Disease without
harming anyone  in the process, do it.  I am not advocating that we hurt or
kill or work without morality to do so...   How have I justified Columbine?
The only people who try to justify violence are the people who commit
violence or profit from it.  The boys who did the Columbine killings  may
have, as you say,  "suffered",  but their suffering is diminshed by the
violence they perpetrated on others.  We all have a right to our feelings.
But none of us has a right to harm another person.

What happened in WWW11 Germany under Hitler's regime, including the medical
experiments was autrocious. Unfathomable.
We are in agreement.  But once again, words get in the way of our
understanding each other. They tie us up in Knots of misunderstanding.

"All in all
Each man in all men
all men in each man

All being in each being
Each being in all being

All in each
Each in all

All distinctions are mind, by mind, in mind, of mind
No  distinctions no mind to distinguish"

R. D. Laing

Be at peace
Joan U.