Paul I will try to answer some of yours questions .
IMHO whenever doctors prescribe many different drugs to the same disease it is
because they do not know , or have , the right drug ....   :-)
But I agree with your neuro that up to now the best of them is still levodopa
(Sinemet) .

Cheers,

--
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +