friends --

on the recent "west to east tour" of Parkinson's Power Across America, one
member of the team -- wallace teal, whose late wife lived many years with PD
-- introduced a simple gold and blue ribbon, which can be pinned to the lapel
by a little gold pin.  the item costs only a penny or two and wallace and
donna kos (his partner on the trip) distributed thousands along their
3000-mile route.  I have since received more than two dozen letters praising
the idea.

i don't know about the silver ribbon mentioned earlier but it's obviously of
the same genre.  would be great if we could introduce a general "insignia"
for the parkinson's movement, transcending any single organization.

if you'd like to chevck out wallace's ribbons, e-mail me (be sure to include
your mailing address) and i'll mail you one.

robin elliott, executive director, parkinson's disease foundation