Sorry, here is one more on the embryo debate -- In response to the
statement below, I believe that "history" is simply "His-story" and God
has already told us that He is the "same yesterday, today, and forever."
He set certain laws into our very existence -- such as the law of gravity
-- and no matter what I might believe about my ability to fly, if I jump
out a 10 story building, I'm going to die! There are absolute truths not
only in the physical realm, but also in the moral realm.  But it is also
true, that each person chooses to heed them or reject them.  God has
given us free will.  We are suffering the consequences in our culture of
that free will having been taken to the extreme, however.  We live in a
culture where freedom to choose our own path has taken the "moral high
ground."  I brought up Columbine in my last post, because I see such
hideous acts as the logical conclusion of such a mindset.  We have lost
our plumb line and pretty much "anything goes."  Each of us is left to
determine our own set of values, our own morality.  There are those who
say, "Do it as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else," but who determines
what "hurt" is? If I kill an animal who is suffering, is that wrong? What
about if I kill a baby born with a defect, is that wrong? What about if I
kill you, because you have PD and you are suffering, is that wrong? We
are on a slippery slope, and there may be no climbing back up where it is
safe and secure for all of us.  Bev, c/t