The social worker picked me up and we went to pick  up Jessi at her new high
school. I go to the main office, they send me to "H 4" right on the other
side of the school - about  a half a mile of corridors - i get lost on the
way, and i'm practically in tears - a kind lady directs me and i practically
bump into Jessi , who had got lost looking for me. Although theoretically i'm
'on',   i'm under a lot of stress, and i'm getting tired.
Afore mentioned social worker parks her car in a parking garage the equivalent
of 2  or 3 city blocks from the courthouse, and then sets off at a gallop for
the courthouse  - because we are running late , having taken so long at the
school. I switch into automaton mode, just praying  i'll make it to the court,
trying to forget the fact that my  lawyer wanted to speak to me before the
hearing - that is another story. somehow i dragged myself into the building
and down another set of corridors, to collapse  on a bench outside the
courtroom. I was dizzy, sweating profusely , and waving arms and legs in all
direction. The picture of a perfect mother! At the risk of sounding paranoid,
i almost think she did it on purpose. My lawyer was talking to the main social worker
when i arrived, and he told me that they believe that  i am using PD as an
excuse for not doing things, and that i am capable of far more than i do -
after four years, they still dont believe me.
Anyway it was decided to agree to the plan - that Jane Amy goes into an
independent living program, and that Jessi is at home on trial or 6 months,
but his time my lawyer got up and told the judge how unhappy i was with their
total misunderstanding of my situation, citing my "ongoing struggle with PD'.
The judge - it has been the same one at all these hearings - looked at me as
if he saw me for the first time.  Then he turned to my lawyer and said "My
father has Parkinson's. It is a terrible disease"

Hilary Blue