Sherry;
I think you have probably surmised by now you are in the company of some truly
extraordinary people. You will never be alone in this journey. Everyone is so
caring and helpful, I know I could not have made it without their support.
My wife does not want to know what could be in store for me.   She just says, "as
it comes along , we'll deal with it." I find many mates    feel the same way.  We
do miss backpacking quite a bit, but you have to recognize, and live with your
limitations. I would not give it up quite yet though, you can probably still do
that with walking/balance sticks. (essentially cross-country ski poles.)
My only advice to you is that YOU are your best care-giver. Do what makes you
happy. Find a diet,, exercise regime that works for you, a neuro who takes time
to sit down and listen. This list is never-ending.
The old adage, "question authority" never rang truer than here. If you feel
something does not work for you, change it! I blindly took Permax till it damn
near killed me before I realized this. Many folks do fine on Permax, I did not.
The point being, each PD'er is unique, in symptoms, reactions to meds, ad
infinitum.
Your best resource is right here, your fellow PD'ers. No non-PDer will ever have
a clue. That is just how it is. You will find 99% of your fellow PD'ers will
happily do anything they can to help you. Learn as much as you can, that's your
best defense.

Charlie Black
dx. 1991, symptoms since 1985, 49 yrs.