Get on a bike and pedal across America!  Vicariously!  PARKINSON'S POWER
ACROSS AMERICA power words with much meaning and strength.  The cyclists were
told 5700 miles, they were anxious of what lied ahead, never having done such
a feat, what if they crashed and fell, what if they were hit by a car, where
would they sleep, who would they meet, what if they just couldn't do it.
Come on team FOCUS ON THE GOAL.  Our thoughts tend to consume us in our first
miles. (Mirapex, power pellets for neurons) Many team members get nauseated
on the rode. This is no ordinary feat.  But we're pedaling, we're on the
roads of America, we're sleeping under stars and eating tuna out of cans but
we've learned one great lesson; we could and we did.  At 6:45 am my friends
and I arrived via Taxi at Vista Point north of the Golden Gate Bridge,
hugging team members I already met as they had pass by Las Vegas a month
earlier and had followed on their website from the East.  In their Durango
jeep they had drivers Matty and Eric drive cross-country along side them.
This time they wanted to ride with the team.  Fog horns sounded off in the
distance, blue and gold ribbons fluttering in the breeze.  "Hey, you guys
drive''.  We got in the jeep and followed the team on the last mile of their
goal, across the famous bridge, as the fog rolled across, a reminder that you
must focus on what you can do today. We did it!  Up mountain grades, in rain,
across the hot desert of discomfort. PPAA trek across the lands was
metaphoric in the struggle of people with Parkinson's.  It's not an easy road
but one that can and will be conquered.  By the way there is a team right now
on the road to Charlottesville Virginia.  Go ride with them, they need your
email, your encouragement and you need them WWW.PARKINSONSPOWER.COM
The negative will consume you if you let it.  Go on ride with them, write us
on the list and share your travels. A little backpacking too!
Patty