Hi, all:

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I totally agree with Janet re Ms. Reno.
Do you realize the tremendous responsibilities that go with her
job.........not to mention the criticism?  I imagine if she focused on the
problems of PD it would only serve to add "fuel to the fire" in the eyes of
her critics, who are constantly demanding her resignation regardless of
whether or not she is doing a good job.  I also believe she stated that there
she could pursue other interests at a later time.
  My PD is also progressing and I realize the "timeline" we are all on, but
the mere fact that a person with PD happens to be a celebrity or public
figure doesn't obligate them in any way to "help the cause" and we shouldn't
be offended if they don't publicize their illness --for whatever reason they
have.  I think it's wonderful to have people like MJF and M. Ali to promote
research for PD but it was their choice to do so, and that's as it should be.

Rosemary Russell
Little Rock, Arkansas

In a message dated 9/19/99 3:48:42 PM Central Daylight Time,