Kathrynne and Janet,

If I may jump in again in Kathrynne's behalf in spite of the fact the last
time I looked was a male. Without a doubt as I see see the statement as
potentially polarizing us along sex lines.  Janet  I think  that  your
problem in seeing it is that you jump from the role as participant to
protector of the list- list mother- list goddess or whatever. In the
argument of whether the statement  created a polarization  is self evident
IMHO by the response. But the question of whether it is a proper subject
for discussion in this group is another matter.  I think if people feel it
then say it- and get whatever responses that they get.  It is grist for the
mill and part of a free debate.  But you can't fight the issue of
Kathrynne's opinion  which is a statement of fact (or not)  with a freedom
of speech defense and be debating the issue logically

The question (statement) she poses is " that this polarization does nothing
positive for men, women,
or children"  which has nothing to do with whether it a proper subject for
discussion, or its validity.  It just is a statement  of opinion- which is
what you say you want unfettered.

Sorry to be a pest but the illogic of Janet's argument was too much to
take.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.