Joe, Dominic and Chris,
    Thank you for your quick replies.

Dominic, you wrote:
>>...Will the side effect profile resemble tolcapone and
also have the possibility of liver problems?  A study of 700 patients
who
had received entacapone for 6 to 12 months had no evidence of abnormal
liver
function tests as a result of entacapone administration.  Until the
product
is approved, it is unknown whether liver function tests will be required
and
monitored by the FDA.<<

    Thank you for this clarification. I asked a neurologist/speaker the
same question and his response was that liver monitoring would not be
necessary. I have also read this elsewhere. That's why I was surprised
to read that liver function tests might still be necessary.

Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^