OK, that one reminds me of some others I have heard.  Try these:

WHH
With apologies to my British and German friends:

Then there was the one about the British Royal Army Colonel interviewed by a
reporter back in colonial days.

Reporter: "Are you Colonel Sir Arthur Higgsley -Chatham? The famous
adventurer ?"

SAHC:  "Right, old boy.  That is me."

Reporter: Tell about your most significant adventure."

SAHC:  "My greatest adventure, greatest adventure …oh yes now I have it!"
He then recounts being surrounded by "the hotentots."
"There was much danger.  It could have been a disaster. The odds were 500 to
5."

Reporter:"  So how did you survive, Sir Arthur? "  asked the reporter?

SAHC:  "Well, harumph, …we simply took care of those five blighters. "

Then there was the WW1 veteran pilot who also flew combat in WW2.
After a particularly harrowing mission supporting bombers over Germany, he
was holding forth as pilots do in the bar after the mission:   "There we
were, flying along at 20,000 feet when we were jumped by a half dozen fockers
coming out of the sun."

But, objected the young Red Cross nurse who was the object of the story
effort, Focker hasn't built a fighter in 15 years.

"Young lady" the pilot replied, "Those fockers were flying Me 109's."