Sherry,

I can't answer your questions as I am 46 and have just been diagnosed too.  I have many of the same questions.  I am taking Sinemet 25/100 - 3 times a day.  I too have problems with my left side and trouble walking at times..  I will be anxious to read the replies from your questions, I just still shocked at the diagnosis and have been reading all the E-Mail that passes on the list but hadn't written any yet.

Brenda Allison

>>> Sherry Macredes <[log in to unmask]> 09/17/99 03:18pm >>>
I am a 47 year old female who has just been diagnosed with PD.  So far I just
can use my left hand very well and get shakes when I try. My left leg is also
starting to get the jittery feeling.  Also there is the problem with rigid
muscles which is the worst!  I guess I don't have much to complain about
except lack of information.  The doctors (and I have seen many) don't seem to
want to give you any info.  I am starting the drug Mirapex and am having some
difficulty with nausea, but since the dose is still not enough I haven't
gotten any relief from my symptoms.  Do any of you know anything about this
drug and what I can expect?  I have read everything I can find on the web but
that is just too depressing.  The doctors say don't worry you should have
many years of productive living...somehow I just think they must have told
that to Muhammed Ali too and we all know that he isn't exactly productive.
What can I really expect?  How long will I be able to continue to work (I do
accounting and use the keyboard alot which is getting very hard to do)?
Should I be planning for assisted care soon? I know these questions are
unanswerable but I wish someone could give me a ballpark figure...say 5-10
years before you will require help with daily chores...or something!  I sure
all of you went through this period of  confusion.  During the day my husband
and I discuss where we will put our backpacks on the next road trip, at night
alone in my thoughts I wonder where we will put my wheelchair.  My husband
doesn't have a clue as to how bad this is, he just keeps saying when you are
better and I don't want to tell him I never be any better.  What do you say?
Hey guy get real soon you will be changing my diapers!  I would appreciate
any answers to unanswerable questions, just so I can tell someone who is
going through the same problems has already helped.  Thanks