Sherry;
Well, I too would like to put in my two cents (oh what the heck let's go for the gusto and make it three cents!).  I was officially diagnosed August 1994 and like so many, had symptoms for some years prior to dx.  I was 45 at the time of dx.
There are a lot of similarities with us and of course being the "Designer Disease" we are also very uniquely individual in symptoms, progress etc.  This list has played a very important part in my attitude, education and decision making.
The most important benefit of this list for me has been education!!!!  The saying that knowledge is power, in this case is very appropriate!!  I have learned so much and with that learning it has been a opening door to better relationship with my doctors.  I continue to education them!  I agree with Barbara Patterson when she said the most knowledgeable would live the longest!  The other very very important thing is how to take your meds, not just which meds, as important as that is, you could be taking the right meds but not in the dosage or intervals needed and therefore not get the results you should. Barb Mullett as far as I can say..was and is very instrumental in improving my quality of life through her help in how to take meds.  I won't say this exactly as she did nor with the wonderful humor she expresses (aw shucks she is saying) but, she explained that we are all like a chemical soup so to speak.  Each one of us different in  our chemical makeup.  At the time, I was taking two Sinemet 25/100's 3 times per day and experiencing a lot of on and offs.  But she explained that it is important to experiment how much and how often you take your meds.  I ended up taking 1 every two hours and found a more constant response to my meds.  Thanks Barb.  My meds have changed but not my methods.  Thanks again.  As was mentioned by Art, I am one of those many that have responded to you that are not one of the regulars!  I am a fairly regular reader of these posts, but, have not interacted much.  What all of you don't know is how much I speak to others about you and how much I appreciate everyone on this list. God Bless You All!
I would also like to emphasize the attitude/outlook issue.  Boy, what a difference it has made in my life!  Back in June I celebrated my 50th birthday and the exciting thing is I look at it as the beginning of the second half of my life!!!!  Yes, life is different than I would have expected but, hey it isn't all that bad either!!! I have learned wonderful lessons and am improving who I am.  I am not sure that would have happened if things had been different.  Life is the focus..........None of us are guaranteed another breath but, thank God I am still breathing....It is funny how different our perspective is when we see our frailties.  All humans are handicapped to some degree, just some of us are more obvious than others. Life is truly what we make of it.  Don't get me wrong, I get depressed more than I like, I don't know how I am going to feel from day to day but.....It still ain't all that bad, thanks to God, my friends and family and of course my this list family!!!!!!!!!!!.
One more thing, I would like to mention something about doctors before I end this post. Remember that they are only human, they provide a service that you pay for and therefore you should be satisfied with whom you spend your money. Interview them, make a list of questions, tell them what you expect from them and ask if they are willing and/or able to fulfill your needs.  This is your life and you deserve to have excellent care (not perfect, but excellent).  If not satisfied try try again.
Blessings to all of you
Linda