Hi Paul: Perhaps a nice lethal injection for the
Balchs? You are absolutely correct. To be told you
have a chronic, progressive neurological disease is
traumatic enough. When you're feeling so vulnerable
you don't need to read/hear a blanket negativistic
prediction of prognosis. I remember sitting in my
neuro's office and sobbing uncontrollably when I
received my diagnosis. My neuro, who is a kind man,
but has no "people" skills, ended up patting my head
like I do to my Irish setter to comfort her. In fact,
since PD is such an designer disease, I don't think
anyone can actually predict how its course will run
for that particular patient.              Carole H.