At 13:29 1999/09/27 -0500, you wrote:
>Those d-----d social workers.
>May G-d bless them and keep them ...... far away from me!!!!!!!!
>
>i just  called the chief sw to tell her i would prblaby not be able to make
>our meeting tomorrow because of the senate hearing, and she replied -
>Well, I guess you have to decide what is more important to  you - going to a
>senate hearing or having your child  come home to live with you, In her best
>self righteous tone, she says - because these meetings are very important and
>they'll decide whether jessi is recommended to come home permanently.
>So i called Senator Jane Woods,(703 352 1991) our State Senator who is very
>involved with health care issues, and Social Services comes under State
>jurisdiction - any way i spoke to her aide, Stacie - who once again
offered to
>intervene on my behalf - but i dont see what good that would do - because the
>social workers believe they are right,and anything i say or do would just
>antagonize them . But she was very sympathetic.
>And then SW called back to say she couldn't change the date of the meeting
and
>stated in no uncertain terms that i would be  jeopardizing  Jessi's
chances of
>coming home permanently, and that i had to decide which was more important to
>me. I asked her if this was a threat, and she said no - i said it sure
sounded
>like one, and on that note we ended the conversation.
>Now what do i do?
>do i play their game and stay home for their silly meeting tomorrow where i'm
>going to be submitted to the usual barrage of two hours of hearing how
>inadequate i am as a parent etc...
>or do i just ignore them and go to the senate hearing and hope i get home
in time
>or get Seen Woods to take this up with the SOCIal Services people - who have
>stated that they do not think that my "so-called" Parkinson's is nearly as
>disabling as I would have them believe (this was written in one of the
reports)
>YOURS IN ANGER AND ANGUISH
>
>hilary blue

hilary

who is the s.w.'s immediate superior?
i would give her/him a succinct non emotional description of what's happened
and if you get no satisfaction
ask to speak to his/her immediate superior

and then do the same thing
on up the line
following their established chain of command

eventually you WILL get to someone who will respond
without getting huffy about 'going over their head'

[the local telephone company here taught me this technique
when i was a service rep with them years ago - monopoly days]
it has worked for me several times]

and then later
i would document each phone contact with each person in writing

as far as i am concerned this is
pure intimidation and harrassment by abuse of authority
and should be subject to the same penalties and remedies
as sexual harrassment

you are a member of the public
they are servants of the public

there is a lack of consistency here which they
[the powers that be who have the real authority]
should be made aware of

you have been approved as 'disabled'
and are entitled to pension and home improvements and home care etc

that 'disabled' categorization or lack thereof was a direct link
to the difficulties perceived in re your being categorized
as 'unfit' to raise your children

they
the servants of the u.s. public
have to fully recognize your 'disability' and treat all aspects of you
with the dignity you are naturally entitled to
as a citizen of your country

get me their names and addresses
i will write the letters for you

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>