Jeanette Fuhr wrote---in part

SNIPPED
 I think you need to continue following up with Stacie, of
>Sen. Wood's office about the totally unreasonable method of harrassment
>that the social services has continued to put you through.  Would it help
>if I called Stacie and told her of knowing you through the PIE and that the
>continuing saga of your dealings with the service that is supposed to be
>HELPING your family rather than tearing it apart?
>
>Waiting to hear from you.
>
>Jeanette Fuhr

This seems to me to be a more productive approach than for list members to
write or call the social workers involved.  From what Hilary has shared
with me in the past, I imagine they would  only brush such things off as
coming from people who "only know one side of the story".    They would
also be threatened, perhaps, and take that out on Hilary, which Lord knows
she doesn't need !   While Janet's advice about being calm and unemotional
is of course wise, I'm not sure Hilary's feelings  allow her to operate on
that level, after all she has been through.  The nerves are raw on both
sides of this  affair, and I am guessing that the daughters know which
buttons to push, too---complicated, beyond just the *fact* that Hilary is
disabled, I fear.
This is why, much as would like for her to attend the hearing, I advised
her to  give that up if she has to----I feel there is a real risk here,
from past experience.  Perhaps Stacie, or Hilary's neuro, or someone seen
as "authority" can intervene higher up. Part of the problem seems to be
great ignorance re: the nature of PD on the workers' part---and of course
they are in good company with much of the public.
Here might be where her neuro could be helpful--this situation is not going
to end with the hearing tomorrow......and I think she has to be careful re:
playing the "disability" card, or they may decide she's TOO disabled to be
care for the kids properly.    :-(

      Camilla Flintermann             <[log in to unmask]>

        "... Meet people where  they are  now,
           not where you hope they might be, eventually."
                --Christine Greenland