I had a very painful sciatic problem a year or two after I was diagnosed
with Parkinson's, although I really don't think the two had anything to
do with each other.  I  would walk from the parked car into the store and
that was as far as I would get and the pain would start in.  The only way
I could relieve the pain just a bit was to bend over at the waist for a
minute.  Muscle relaxants and pain medications helped only in the short
term.  Mine was not a disc problem so I don't think surgery would have
been my answer.  I had started seeing a different neurologist at this
time  and he recommended  to the orthopaedist  a steroid injection in the
lumbar spine.  I had two of them and have been pain free since.

Sharon H