>I think i have found the solution,  quite by accident. But that doesn't change
>the i principle of the thing,
>The wonderful lady who is giving me a ride into DC tomorrow is cg for her
>mother. Said mother is unable to sit for any great lengths for time , so
>whatever happens, Kathy plans to be home for lunch - and so will i - making it
>possible for me to do both things.

Dear Hilary-- that's interesting--I was about to ask if there was any way
you could do both, but had no idea when the meeting was scheduled, or what
your trip would involve, timewise.
Sounds like a good temporary solution.  I still think that someone--your
neuro?  who? has to educate them about the realities of PD.  I thought of
having them read Ivan's testimony, but that is too far removed  from you
own case, maybe?    What about  Joan Samuelson's of last year?  They need
to learn what being "disabled" can mean when it comes to PD.  Have you ever
kept a running record of your day for a week or so? Would that sort of
record carry any weight, or would they think you made it up?  Have they
ever talked to Jed, for example, who has lived with you all the time, is
older, and could describe how it goes, day to day ?  Anyhow, hugs for
finding a stop-gap solution, and keep on with the longterm search for one.

                {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hilary}}}}}}}}}}}

PS-- just had a "wondering"--would it help with Jessi's transport needs and
other social adventures if she had a "Big Sister" who was more mobile?
Could be an ideal situation for that kind of intervention. Is there a Big
Brother/Big Sister agency there?  Or if a college is nearby, a volunteer
program with students who do similar things, one-on-one with kids?? (We
have that here). Seems her worker might have thought of this!!  :-(

      Camilla Flintermann             <[log in to unmask]>

        "... Meet people where  they are  now,
           not where you hope they might be, eventually."
                --Christine Greenland